View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 04:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost116 View Post
By low it up I mean push it hard enough to start breaking parts. While I’m no guru with boost, I’m have a fairly good knowledge of what I’m getting into (ideally a bp kit with a cjm fuel return). And have done countless days worth of reading and talking to people as well as worked on many boosted engines for race and street applications (never a vq yet though lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Consider this; The VQ was not engineered from the factory to be a boosted powerplant. It is rated from the factory at roughly 350 crank hp. To go from NA to FA on the VQ using any method would yield on the very low end 30% more power than what the engineers who designed the powerplant considered safe for longevity and bean counting purposes. That said , I can put together a kit on ebay and spend less than the cost of a single Precision or Comp turbo and promptly take it down the street and obliterate even a built block. Take note that you've never read anywhere Tony from F.I. , Sasha from B.P. the people over at AAM or even Stillen touting their kits make enough power to break parts. Nobody wants that under any condition. The only thing required for that is an idiot with some tools or a really great (at the time) idea. Again, not beating on you because I've been that guy and honestly I don't wish that crushing feeling that you feel when your motor goes poof on anyone although it makes for a great educational point. My humble advice to you would be to go through the boost for dummies thread and then the boosted builds thread. Decide how much power you want, what you want to do with your car and what your budget looks like. After my poof experience I get a new motor installed and put it back together correctly with no problems. Then I came to the conclusion that I wanted a little more. I did some more reading and decided to clone a build by Diabel. Had I done this from the beginning it would've saved me roughly 7k. I tell you this because I burned myself and to let you know that the stove is still hot. I'm not the only one here who's made mistakes and if you look, you can read about alot of them. That reading will save you from spending money doing what we already did.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote