View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tyrell Tyson
Enthusiast Member

Drives: P90 TR
Tyrell Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyrell Tyson will become famous soon enough

Yoyo kannibul,

Thing is this seems to be a widespread problem and on my test drive last week, myself and my girlfriend could indeed hear the noise.

The car only had 20kms on it and the noise was already there. If the noise got louder it would be unbearable and could indeed cause hearing damage, then i would be stuck with a $75,000 car that i could not drive.

Roos court case has already taken months, i can see this going on for 6 months

I'm going to test drive the car again soon, this time for a few days, i will get all of my friends etc to ride with me, see if they hear it.

I will actually try and record it, a friend at work is a sound engineer.

So yeah for me, its a good reason to hold off buying it as

1. I can already hear the noise on my first test drive of a car with only 20kms on it

2. the car is stupid expensive here thanks to our gov and i aint paying the cash to have ridiculous noises make the car undrivable

My dad has a Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG and my older brother a porsche 997 twin turbo, i get to drive their cars daily and there is no noise like this whatsoever. There are some beautiful mechanical noises but i love those

I am really open to this being solved tho and i do hope all the guys with this prob do get it fixed up, i can't see this happening anytime soon tho

- Ty
Tyrell Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote