View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
tuoc65
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z 7at
tuoc65 is on a distinguished road
Default Word of Caution on New Buy/Sell Scammers

Hi all,

Just wanted to pass around I'm in the process of being scammed by somebody here who bought a set of ZE40's I sold last month. All in all I should've been more adamant about my personal rules in protecting myself and not try to do a nice thing.

Last month I put up a set of brand new ZE40s for sale here, got some inquiries and some guy from the Los Angeles area eventually texted me saying he's interested. We agreed on a price and he was going to pay shipping.

Immediately he changed to having his friend pick up the next day from San Jose, where I am, and deliver to him in LA. I mentioned I was gonna be out of town over the weekend and would do him a solid by leaving the wheels at a friend's place for him to pick up. I then asked for cash. This is where I should've said no to his shitty excuse of having a daily ATM limit. I should've told him to go to the damn teller and get cash.

Anyways, to cut it short, he used his girlfriend's PayPal to pay me, picked up the wheels in person, and is now disputing payment as item not received.

I have all our text conversations showing he was going to pick up in person, which I've given to PayPal, and can only hope they side with me. That this was a deal done and picked up in person, so neither buyer nor seller gets any kind of protection.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post personal info here but I'd gladly share this bastard's info so you guys can all watch out for it.

Thanks,
TC

Last edited by tuoc65; 10-22-2017 at 02:29 AM.
tuoc65 is offline   Reply With Quote