View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #147 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

So, today I went and installed the diffuser on my Nismo, again with Fast Intentions exhaust... this was seriously a bigger pain in my *** than I expected and for anyone with a Nismo and the TDX, I'd honestly tell you to pass on this if you haven't already purchased it unless you don't mind a bit of cutting.

1) The instructions that Velox/Verus provide are next to useless.
2) The 09-14 Nismo rear bumper does not have the same holes in it that the Base/Sport bumpers do that the diffuser uses for mounting. 2 of the 4 that are required are there, and it holds tight, but I'd prefer if all 4 were in use.
3) The Nismo bumper will have to be cut/notched for the side brackets. No getting around this. Bright side, no one will notice unless they're on their side inspecting the bottom of your vehicle.
4) As secondnissan mentioned above, you'll have to cut the diffuser to allow space for the FI mufflers to poke through. I have the carbon canisters so it's not noticeable, but I'd have preferred to not butcher it to make it fit.
5) Because of the FI exhaust, you are only able to mount the diffuser on the lowest setting. The good part is that it's still higher than the FI mufflers sit... the bad part is it makes it appear to be a huge gaping hole between the bottom of the bumper and the diffuser itself unlike how the Base/Sport bumpers are.
6) The fitment was... less than desirable; even after modifying the diffuser to fit, I had to damn near take everything apart to create enough leverage to tighten everything up properly.
7) (Back to the Nismo bumper), the rear center bracket WILL NOT FIT. Period. Let me rephrase that: The rear bracket fits, but there is too much space between the bumper and diffuser (see #5) for them to mate to one another and be screwed. I had to go to the hardware store and buy a few different sizes of screws (M8x100/120/140mm) to what would allow the rear middle to be braced.

Now, if you have a Nismo and an exhaust that has been proven to fit you'll probably have a much better time installing it than I did. Also, I don't want to make it seem like it was hard; it wasn't by any means. Just tedious and time consuming with a lot of test fit, cut, test fit again, cut again, rinse/repeat.

I'll admit that it looks good and I'll be able to test it tomorrow on the autobahn and Nurburgring since they'll have the VLN configuration
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0018.jpg (399.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0019.jpg (388.7 KB, 130 views)
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote