View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
My wife has a 2009 titan and a 2016 xd cummins. Like both of them for what they are. Gas mileage sucks on both xd models cause they weight 7500 to 7800 lbs. Acceleration is sluggish compared to the king cab titan we have. But it does tow almost as much as the f250 and 2500s. Ground clearance on her xd I don't believe is as good as the titan either (she has the platinum). However the platinum is a great ride with fantastic interior finish compared to our plasticity titan. The box size on our king cab is the same as the xd. Haven't had it for a winter yet so we don't know about cold tolerance. Will also have more maintenance with the egr crap, 10qt oil pan, etc with the xd
Thanks for your detailed thoughts on this. Very much appreciated!

Yeah, I love the interior of the Platinum XD (and the exterior is no slouch either). Anything on the road bigger than it will have "Freightliner" written on the grille! But I recognize that truck would cost more to own. Your comments in that regard are appreciated. Definitely the downside of owning such a capable truck. Oddly, insurance quote is coming in lower than the other trucks on my list, and considerably lower than my '04 Avalanche! But brakes, tires, oil, transmission will all be more expensive to maintain and to fix. And I keep my vehicles for a long time so I will feel that pain!

Any issues with yours? I read some horror stories about the early Diesel XD's especially. I suspect it has more to do with the way people drive them (those engines are meant to run long and hot, not go to the store for milk and back). Too many people own trucks as driveway trophies these days!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote