View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
This all started around the same time i started having overheating issues after i had the dealer flush the cooling system, the odd thing with the cooling system is that the only time it overheats are when outside ambient temps are high and the ac system is going. Shut off the ac and the system goes back to normal temps. I’ve done a pressure test on the system to check for leaks and turned up nothing, switched out the thermostat which also did nothing, switched out the radiator which did nothing. Bled the system and flushed it multiple times to no avail, the only thing i havent done is switch out the water pump, but everyone I’ve talked to has a hard time believing the water pumps on our engine could fail due to their design. The only hypothesis i can come up with at this point is that the water pump is not moving enough coolant, therefore causing hot spots in the engine and throwing everything off. The car is very reactive for the first half hour to hour that it’s on, but the moment the emgine starts to get any amount of heat soak, the performance drops pretty dramatically to the point where i feel no power until after 5,000rpm. The only other symptom that i could point out that seems odd to me is that when the engine is completely heat soaked i start to get a light kind of tapping from what sounds like either cylinder 5 or cylinder 6, but goes away immediately after shutting off and restarting the engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I remember that post. So the overheating has still not been fixed either? What reason did you change the mafs and clean throttle bodies etc? Did you ever do a block check on the cooling system? I can’t remember
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote