View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #66 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
I have not used this method to test post cat but I’ve heard it still works even post cat (maybe a slower switch), you can make a vacuum leak and watch all sensors react to it, rears should go low voltage like .1 ish and the fronts for the z I believe (I would need to double check) are a 0-5v with 5 being lean I think. If I remember reading right the nissans are opposite what a conventional o2 is and given in voltage. I found information on them before and they are a little different than some of the other AF sensors but now I cant find it.

Then you can force it rich with a little propane and watch all sensors switch.

Not sure if snap throttle method will work for post cat testing. Just an FYI some manufacturers actually use the post cat for fuel trim as well, some are more open about it than others like Toyota I believe the rear o2 heavily effects fuel trim.

I read in the fsm concerning the fuel system that the post cat o2 are not used for fuel trims when in closed loop mode, but then it goes on to say they are used in open loop and also to fine tune the fuel trims in closed loop mode....confusing to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote