View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #63 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
Interesting, so if i understand that thread correctly nissan mainly uses the af sensors to determine fuel trims. It does leave me wondering as i have only changed out my bank 1 af sensor if maybe the bank 2 sensor is throwing everything out of whack as that sensor is way overdue to be changed out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All cars use the AF sensors for fuel trim. The mafs + rpm determine what cell on the map the car is in and the AF sensors give the feedback to verify the AF is matching the desired AF. What I was talking about was Nissan in the oem data does not list or use stft or ltft it uses that alpha data, something a bit foreign to me but I guess it’s like a combo of both.

Can’t say for Nissan but in my experience AF sensors don’t “age” and get lazy like a classic o2 sensor. If it’s way off you can use the rear o2 vs front AF readings to see if something is up.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote