View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cranberry
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Cranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond repute

Hey man, glad to here I'm not alone with this. I had knocking error like crazy with my UpRev, so much so that we had to go to UpRev personally and get them to read the data because the tuner was worried the engine was toast!

Heres the short of it.

The tune has its own calculations to read the knock sensor and the factory computer also has. Generally your car usually only has the single knock sensor from the factory reading everything and that ok, but when you add the factory tune with the aftermarket tune, you now have 2 different systems reading the knock sensor. They basically fight each other in some situations.

Even though your reading a knock sensor you are most likely not actually experiencing a knock. (you would here / feel it if you were)

In the end we figured out with my set up that the following was the cooperate.

I run cut out exhaust with test pipes, When running the car with cut outs closed we did not throw the knock sensor on the tune or the factory read. When cut outs were open we through the knock code only on the tune but not the factory reader. The tune is reading at such a different level then the factory reader that it was picking up the crazy vibrations / sound from the cut outs. By increasing the knock range in the tune program we eliminated the issue.

Been running the car track set up all summer, never had an issue or thrown a knock sensor issue since.

Feel free to msg me for more info, I can go into much more detail on the resolution with this issue.

Hope this helps
2009 370z M/T - straight pipe cut outs / motordyne test pipes & intake manifold / K&N typhoon intake / ACT stage 2 race clutch & flywheel / ZEX wet nitrous / UpRev tune / stillen race oil cooler / 317 WHP N/A - 381 WHP with ZEX www.youtube.com/danialk ///\\\///\\\ Follow me on Instagram @dankobra
Cranberry is offline   Reply With Quote