View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

In some ways. I almost understand why Nissan bytched up... But not really.

I keep going back to when this forum started out and all the people that traded out of a Z either one or two years later and their complaints.

I felt 70% of the complaints were pretty stupid because they were based on unreasonable, bias comparisons of price competitive vehicles, but the cars had a totally different drive philosophy.

Too many people were saying stupid Shyt like, the Z should have a v8 instead of acknowledging the Z heritage and at minimum ask for an inline 6. That's Z heritage, not a v8.

People bought sport models and expected them to be track cars. Too many people didn't understand where the dollar value in the nismo was.

The FM platform was becoming outdated, the engine was too course, and Nissan was slow to fix real problems. Yes, all that is true. But the Z was being singled out by consumers. It seems people forgive American car companies for being totally shytty vs Japan.

I'm sure all of that frustrated Nissan leaving them confused. The public was asking for the Nissan corvette in a Porsche Cayman body. Expectations were excessively high for Nissan. People wanted a Z32 incarnate I guess. Wouldn't we all. But the reaction and overall expectationswere ludacris.

So now... Us real Z fanatics are not gettinga Z35?