View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:23 AM   #254 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Just for argument sake do ya think that a NA V10 could compete given the aero of today? Aero seems to be as important as the PU and can level the playing field depending on the track.

I don't think NA PU can make the need mpg to finish a race even with aero consideration.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
With weight penalties as a BOP, i think it could. But the v6th makes about 400ft/ib of torque more throughout the rev range and over 150hp, and this is back from 2014/5 studies. The offset in weight penalties would need to be in excess of 300ibs. There are to many variables to say.

I think it will be a case where some cars have the advantage at certain tracks. The turbo hybrids at the faster tracks. And the n/a lighter cars at the tighter tracks. This would make for a great spectacle.

For argument sake, i wish some team would just try the options with the current chassis format. We don't even truly know which chassis was the best because there has been so many formula changes and track changes that render the track record statistics almost incomparable..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs8P...yqw-ZIvz31zFvo

Here is probably the most consistent comparison thus far. Then on top of this, the 2017 car was 2.6 seconds faster! However the 2016 cars are still the fastest F1 cars in a straight line.

Last edited by MaysEffect; 10-13-2017 at 12:32 AM.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote