View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #241 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
.... a lot of fans are asking to bring back the NA V10 or even V12.

Pretty sure they will not bring back the NA, but do you guys feel the current PU is too costly and too complicated ?
Efficiency cost money to do it right. I'd personally like to see open engine options like in the past. v6th, v8h, v10 n/a. each with different weight penalties.

Unquestionably most teams will still choose the v6th. With more privateers opting for a more reliable n/a engine. An n/a alternative would bring several companies back in to the sport. BMW, Cosworth, VAG...

The v6th is for sure the most expensive and most complicated engine, but the level of efficiency is unmatched for the performance. In only 4 years of the formula it has already surpassed the performance of the best v10 engines with TC and less weight. It took almost 10 years of v10 development to reach its pinnacle. Granted there was a significant technological boom on going during its evolution. I don't see how much more power can be extracted from n/a engines. Having a v8 or v10 turbo hybrid would weigh too much and cost even more.

I think however the promoters should televise historical gp car racing, and have more drivers be able to race the older cars on shorter sessions. Like 15-25 laps. Teams already using the old chassis for promotional work.

This would cost a lot of money though to have multiple races with multiple cars per team.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote