View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
reunited
Base Member

Drives: 12 370 AT, sport
reunited is on a distinguished road
Default Selling 2012, need pricing advice please

I love my car but getting in and out of the car has become more physically difficult (neck problems.) I've decided to sell the car since I hardly drive it. I am not buying another car ...we'll do with one car for awhile.

It is a 2012 sport touring coup with navigation with only 18,500 miles. The car has no mechanical issues and has been well-maintained, especially the paint (no swirls/scratches thanks to Adam's products and Porter-Cable.) Interior is in excellent condition. Front tires have 1000 m on then, rears about 12,000. Michelin PPS, stock size.

It was in an accident in 2013 which is in the VIN database

I need help in setting the price. When the weather clears, I'll wash it and take some pics and in a few days post the car here in the for sale forum.

Here's the dilemma: It has a pretty decent audio system. Completely stealth/integrated with Bose head, it has a spare tire woofer enclosure , Dynaudio fronts with two ARC amps with Audio Control unit. Although I kept the BOSE speakers, I have no desire to restore to stock; I'm not going to part out.

In nearly 50 years of car ownership, I've never sold a car privately. I'm really not looking forward to the process and am tempted to just sell it to CarMax.

Kelly BB has it at trade-in 19.479 (18,445-20,514 range), $21,909 private party. (Very Good Condition)

CarFax (VIN-based) has a trade-in of 19,530, and a private party of $22,060 (Excellent Condition)

What price do you think I should ask for it on this forum?
Where else should I list it? Same price?
Is the CarFax trade-in price roughly the same as what I could get from CarMax?

Any other words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance for your help.