View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
clkio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z M6
clkio will become famous soon enough

1) purchased kit 2 years ago
2)I put around 10000 miles on kit
3)very spirited driving
4)only problem I had was one of turbo disconnected from manifold after half summer of driving, had to pull motor out since there is no room, and little bit of tag welding fixed it.
5)I did all mods when I installed kit, only thing I had to do after was full BBK since my car was almost 700whp
6) engine that went in was freshly rebuild
7) doesnt apply
8) I did the rjm Adjustable Clutch Pedal System on top of the clutch (SPEC SS-Trim Super Twin Disc Clutch Assembly) clutch holding up great, its little noisy in idle otherwise great clutch
9)any regrets? I mean car is great and I love how it takes off like a boieng 777, however I spent $50,000 on mods (without the price of the car) and if I can go back, I would just run a TT kit on stock motor and call it a day
10)AAM competition kit is well designed, those BorgWarner's turbos are amazing and have almost no lag. Only downside is I had to get rid of AC in my car to get everything to fit in my engine bay, but I never run AC ever when its boiling hot outside (I prefer to open window and listen to the exhaust )
11) block holding great as it was freshly rebuild
12) running 16 psi, putting down 680 and 540 torque I believe
13) I am using glowshift gauges, will be taking them off and replacing them with something better
14) $50-55k on mods
15) lots of hiccups when u run into big projects, my car was suppose to be at AAM competition for 2 month and ended up being 4 month i believe (due to nobody fault just "hiccups")
16) most important thing is to make sure car never runs out of fuel, invest money into the fuel system upgrades when u going TT, that's your real insurance. Also make sure u know what u getting yourself into before u do it, so dot think that the TT kit is 10000 and installation and u done, u will need exhaust, clutch, fuel upgrades, tuning software and license and anything else that comes up, make sure u have 20-25K minimum for a new kit with supporting mods for it.

sorry for any spelling mistakes, it was already torture typing all this out. hope that helps
clkio is offline   Reply With Quote