View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 04:35 AM   #231 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Formula-1 2017...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post

There are of course times teams will put more effort in extracting a better setup for one car over the other, but each driver has there own team of mechanics. It's there job to get the most out of the car. You saying the cars are not equal because of this is a joke. .

That’s the point I was trying to make! How are cars with different setups and engine settings the "same"?

Yes I know the cars are physically the same. But the tuning and setup are not and not just because of driver preference. For example, a team may setup one car to be faster and the other slower but more reliable. Another example, they may build one engine to consume a little bit more oil than the other thus making it slightly faster. The two engines are technically the same but they do not perform the same. It’s all F1 team strategy. It's also what's wrong with F1. Good for the teams, bad for the drivers and spectators.

I'll bet if Mercedes had decided at the beginning of the season that Bottas was their man, he would be leading in points right now, not Hamilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cyber370; 10-11-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Cyber370 is offline   Reply With Quote