View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
vtecchippy
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z
vtecchippy is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the advice. To clarify on my intentions if I do buy the car, it would be left in stock form. As you've pointed out, I'm well aware that the 240/280z is a much better platform for modding, swapping, etc. But if he sells this at a yardsale price, I'd pick it up if nothing else to to flip. The price and presence of rust, or lack thereof, will be the two main deciding factors. The car does run as he called me and told me his brother, who has maintained the car since their father's passing, has started and driven the car and will be getting the motor checked up. He also said if I'm serious about purchase, I can come grab it and take it wherever I like for examination. I have an excellent detailing and body shop that did paint correction on my 370Z that I'd have go over every inch of the car and give me a report on rust, paint condition, etc.

To sum it up, I don't sit and search for these cars, but if one pops up at a solid deal, I'm always open to getting it. Just don't want to lose money on it, even if I don't come out making any either. I've always wanted a Z with a bit more heritage to it, since the only ones I've owned are 350/370z models.

I'll keep everyone updated! He should be back in town today, and I'll schedule a time to go see it. If nothing else I told him I'd help him get it sold once a solid value and selling price has been determined.
vtecchippy is offline   Reply With Quote