View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously considering saying f#@k it and going a different route with the sub build.

This so called "old friend" of mine doesn't really seem to be willing to assist me or guide me as far as what actual materials to buy. I get very short answers from him, if I'm lucky. And as I have been told several times now, 3 gallons of fiberglass resin for one small-ish enclosure is ridiculous. Everyone says that one gallon of quality resin should be more than enough for an enclosure the size I need.

So at this point, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know if I'm going to just build a traditional MDF/birch enclosure for it, find someone else who will be willing to build a fiberglass enclosure for me, OR... Say the hell with it and forego the Alpine Type S 15" sub and go with something totally different.

All I know is that I'm getting tired of driving around with only half of a system with no sub(s).