View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #217 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I drove her around today (home from dealer) to give the motor a bit of break-in before Dyno runs. She sounds awesome (a bit more percussive I guess I'd say than with stock exhaust cams. Its subtle but definately there)

I cant speak to power until I get Tuned (Monday maybe) but I suspect there will be some gains (you can kind of tell from the sound that the motor is a bit different)

JWT advertises mostly torque gains with a slight HP gain. Well see.

Its mostly just good to have my baby resurrected from total motor detonation.

It will take a few weeks to get her all buttoned up. The accusump and oil cooler are not plumbed in yet as I was trying to get the car ready for the dyno so bypassed them last week.

Also a forum sponsor suspects I did not get the V2 JWT cam? I'll know for sure in a few days. I hope so, but in a NA street build it won't matter much either way I'm told. The Dyno will show definitively which Cam I have. (based on torque curves apparently)
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 10-07-2017 at 10:52 PM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote