View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pakuded
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370z Manual
Pakuded is on a distinguished road
Default HELP: Stock 2016 whistling noise while revving

Hi everyone,

Recently bought a used 2016 base 370z. Love the vehicle, an absolute beauty to drive. However, I've begun hearing this noise that is bothering me.

It seems to come and go. I brought it into dealership and was able to reproduce the sound, booked an appointment, but lo-and-behold upon returning on the day of service I was not able to reproduce the sound.

The sound has returned. You can hear it in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7e...ature=youtu.be

In the video I am revving in neutral. Sound is present in N and in gear (manual transmission). The sound is most prevalent from the rear, but it's so loud you can hear it from any angle.

I have zero experience with mechanic-stuff, but I did a little experiment upon hearing the noise. The noise is less prevalent when under heavy load (I had 4 dots of fuel, myself in the vehicle - 150lbs- and the sound was very noticeable. I filled up the gas tank, carried a passenger, the noise almost went away/barely audible). I suspect that when I initially brought the vehicle for inspection, I was low on gas - when I returned for servicing I must have filled up and the sound wasn't audible. Disclaimer, my hypothesis might be absolute garbage and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyways, I'll be taking it in to the dealership soon, but I would like to know what the issue is, if anybody has any ideas.

Thanks.
Pakuded is offline   Reply With Quote