View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
I see that some ppl think differently sooo lets watch This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78wbht355R8 to pick out the best rotor shall we...

That video didn't address ****, it's all general stuff most car folks should already know

1) you said that switching from stock to slotted rotors noticeably increased ur braking power. Slotted rotors dont do that. If noticed a change in braking force, it isn't due to a difference factor. U either changed other parts, or ur existing brakes were shot and simply going to new rotors, and I'm guess new PADS as well simply restored what was lost

2). The advantage of rotors is heat disappation, I supposed whatever value from cleaning" the pad that dude talked about in the vid. These things matter when braking REPEATEDLY, like on a track or hard driving conditions

The DISADVANTAGE is decreased pad life

This thread starter is not track driving and is LESS wear. So ur slotted suggestion does the opposite of what ur suggestion brings