View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd370z View Post
First wreck was sliding into a guardrail going about 30 mph or so. 15k worth of damage. Due to them being harnesses, we had a slight jolt. If we were using stock seatbelts we definitely would have had whiplash.

2nd wreck was last monday. Guy rearended me going about 35/40. 8k worth of damage, sore neck the next day but thats it.

No damage to the brace bar either times.

That aluminum bar is just a shell that goes around an inner thick bar if I am not mistaken. Never any bending at all.

If I could even find a better bar to replace it I would. But both the Amuse and Robispec bars were almost impossible to find, and close to 1k if I recall correctly. Seems a bit crazy to me. And I feel safer with the stock bar than those thin "harness bars" that attach with L brackets

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Wrong! The aluminum bar you see is it. There is no inner bar. Additionally, unlike the Robispec bar which bolts directly to the chassis, the OE bar is held in place by flimsy sheet metal brackets.

And the reason harness bars regardless of design cost so much; legal LIABILITY. All it takes is one lawsuit, regardless of how baseless it is, to destroy a company.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote