View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cranberry
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Cranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidwiz View Post
Hello. I'm getting a code that I cannot make sense of. Any assistance is appreciated. Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vol7...ature=youtu.be
I dont know if your location is going to be the same as mine but I had your identical issue as well. I also bought my car as a rebuild after it was written off.

When I purchased my 370 the air bag light flashed like yours all the time. I figured since I only seem to use my car on the track with rare street rides I could live with it.

I was very very wrong. it becomes more annoying then anything not to mention when your on the track and your focusing on the road and not the dash, the flashing red becomes mingled with your flashing rpm shift indicator, making it even more frustrating when you dealing with tenths of a second and an early shift could cost you a half second coming into a turn!...

When I bought my 370 as a reclaim, it had deployed the passenger side air bag. we cut the air bag out and fixed the interior but there never was a new air bag put into the car. A new air bag was over $1500 so we resorted to leaving it alone.

We tried using the UpRev tune to deactivate the air bag light but had no luck with that either.

In the end what fixed (or tricked I should say) the cars computer was by removing the passenger side seat and gaining access to the wire harness that plugged into the passenger seat. there is a little bag of gel or water that the passenger sits on that is built into the seat. when they sit on this gel pack it puts pressure on a switch activating the air bag computer telling the car there is actually a person sitting in the seat and then some how it can decide if it should fire the air bag based on the pressure on the seat and the impact of the car etc... (I could be wrong on how it works but all I know is this gel pack is specifically just for the air bag system)

We disconnected the wire harness and cut the wires and added a resistor. I did not do the work myself but my mechanic did.

It was a pretty easy fix and the light has been off ever since.

Here is a link of a guy on the forum that did the same thing but in all this is what fixed the issue for us. Link Here

Hope this helps!
2009 370z M/T - straight pipe cut outs / motordyne test pipes & intake manifold / K&N typhoon intake / ACT stage 2 race clutch & flywheel / ZEX wet nitrous / UpRev tune / stillen race oil cooler / 317 WHP N/A - 381 WHP with ZEX www.youtube.com/danialk ///\\\///\\\ Follow me on Instagram @dankobra
Cranberry is offline   Reply With Quote