View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
vtecchippy
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z
vtecchippy is on a distinguished road
Default 1980 Datsun 280ZX Questions

First of all, mods, if I've posted this in the wrong spot, please move it to the correct one. It's not a 370Z but still Z-lated, and I need some advice on this one. I know there are many folks here that have a lot of knowledge with the older generations of our beloved Z cars.

To condense the story, a fellow at my office whose father kept a random assortment of cars is looking to liquidate them since his passing years ago. He knew I'm a Z enthusiast and came to ask if I'd be interested in a 280Z of his father's. I said I've always toyed with the idea, but never owned one because it's so darn hard to find a clean example around TN, and prefer the newer 350/370Zs. He told me it only had around 40k miles and was garage kept pretty much its entire life, and has been in their basement since his father's passing four or five years ago. They take it down the road ever so often to keep it mechanically sound, and he says it runs like a top. I told him to shoot me some pics, which I just received in an email this morning.

The condition is excellent minus a couple tiny areas that I can see. I was not super interested when he told me it was automatic (the old school ones should've only been made in manual, in my narrow-minded opinion) but this thing looks like something worth serious consideration pending the price he throws at me. It's 100% original everything, not a single mod and original paint.

I'll be going over there to see it when he's back in town from business, but at face value, any OGs on here have a ballpark on what this thing's worth? I see them spread across a pretty wide range and I know it depends on some details (rust, true paint condition, etc) but any advice on this given minor blems and mechanically maintained? He believes it does not have rust and I trust that but still wanna have it up on some racks.

Thanks in advance folks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 153JPG.jpg (200.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 154JPG.jpg (219.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 155JPG.jpg (185.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 157JPG.jpg (188.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 158JPG.jpg (190.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 159JPG.jpg (229.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 161JPG.jpg (196.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 170JPG.jpg (234.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 171JPG.jpg (213.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 175JPG.jpg (290.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 177JPG.jpg (133.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 178JPG.jpg (172.9 KB, 17 views)
vtecchippy is offline   Reply With Quote