Thread: A fresh start
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNumbers View Post
The title of the thread got me going. I thought you were taking all the Stereo Integrity out and putting in new drivers.

I see you want to compete with Chopz on SPL! I think the two subs will fit back there with some creativity. I liked your set up before. I'm interested to see where you end up moving everything and placing another amp to power the extra sub. Any chance you want to buy my ST-850 XM II? lol

Edit: Actually I guess that ST-1000 would power both with no problem.
My spl days are long past me. Chopz will be digging a little deeper with his 15" than I will....lol. And just for the record, I'm changing my will to have my SI speakers installed in my coffin, and system powered off a solar panel.
They will fit, after a few hours of careful measurement last night, I've decided on 2 individual boxes, and some odd shapes to get the proper volumes. Its going to be tight trying to keep it all underneath a false floor.
I want to go completely stealth, but am considering the possibility of a linear actuator to open up the false floor for access to the amps, and such. Just something I always wanted to play with, we'll see how it goes.
My intentions for the false floor are to use 5/8" mdf, and expanded metal sheet over the subs to vent into the hatch.
I've still got a lot of planning and measuring to do, and My subs wont be here until at least December, but once I have everything ready, I will be re-installing my mkiv in one of the boxes, and making amp connections to hold me over. (if the build is done early)
And yes, I will be powering both off of the st1000xm.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote