Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

Next up....Suspension!

Ordered up the following from THMotorsports
Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers with 12k/10k springs
Voodoo 13 rear traction rods
Voodoo 13 rear subframe solid bushings
Whiteline diff bushings
SPL eccentric lock out kit

And Z1 Motorsports
Street front upper control arms (no race arms in stock at the time)
Race rear camber arm

Onto the pics

Control arms

Diff bushings

Worst 3 hours of my life

All bushings changed, subframe and diff repainted with VHT chassis epoxy paint. I painted all the rest of the under braces too.

Z1 & Voodoo rear arms installed

Sexy new coilovers from Fortune

Rear springs in. Was setting ride height without the shock in first

Fortune front coils & Z1 upper arms

As it sits as of Thursday. I need to raise the rear up about a half inch. When i set the rear right height I didn't take into account putting preload on the springs.

Since the Z1 arms are a chore to adjust, I am trying to get them as close to -2* as possible to cut down on labor when it gets aligned. I have the passenger at 2* according to my Iphone being pressed against the brake rotor, the drivers side still needs work as that's at -3.7*.

I did a few cosmetic things while I was waiting on a few parts to arrive.

Rear duck bill (My friends LS1 FD in the back ground)

Mocking up the front lip. Thinking to black out the bumper mouth and paint the outer parts of the lip white like what people do with the 3 piece Evo-R lip. Also you can kinda make out the blacked out the headlight housings and paint matched shrouds.

That's pretty up to date. I'll be finishing the adjustments today after work and taking the car to get aligned on monday.