Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute
Default My 2010 Sport

Finally decided to make a thread after a few months

The day I picked it up from the docks.

Unfortunately not long after the fuel pump died so...

Deatschwerks DW200, a pump install kit and fuel pressure gauge kit from CJM went in

A few weeks pass and it starts having intermittent starting issues and the fuel level gauge ends up at different levels while driving. I toned the harness out and the stock wiring was fine but there was a short in the factory fuel top hat. So CJM to the rescue again with their billet top hat and milspec bulkhead connector.

With the reliability stuff out of the way I moved onto the stereo. The headunit I chose was the Sony MEX-XB100BT, a friend was clearing out some stuff and gave me an older Rockford 25 to life 5 channel amp to power the CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components and a Rockford Prime 10" sub in a slot ported enclosure.

Magnet comparison

I cut the stock speaker out of the frame and used that to mount the new speakers.

I am still waiting on these to come back from the body shop. I don't have the patience for sanding body filler to shape.

Amp mounted on some stainless stilts, the sub and enclosure are below the new trunk floor. I made everything from 5/8" MDF. Waiting for a speaker grill to come in to finish it off.

It definitely won't rattle anyone's windows but it's clean even when played loud.

Last edited by sirnixalot; 10-02-2017 at 07:41 AM.
sirnixalot is offline   Reply With Quote