View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Surfdog's 09 journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I know where you are coming from. Where did you find a Cayman GT4? Last I read. They was sold out. The ACR, I drove one a couple of years ago that was built some what. All I can say is OMFG!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is different, but I think you made the right choice.

Track day buddy. We have a great group that runs a few days a summer sponsored by a local speed shop.

Here's a few shots from the recent one where I blew my motor. Ug!

Edit. I'm the silver 370 hiding behind the 918 and the kid( my son) in the American eagle T-shirt.

The 918 is my old friend Dave's. (My best high school friends dad). Now THAT is a fast car. (He doesn't let anybody drive it which is a bummer but I guess understandable)

His wife just bought her 3rd 911 turbo S. (all gold lol that she saw at some uber car show ...maybe pebble beach?? lol.) she doesn't track it.

Anyhow it's a great chance to run laps in some super cool cars.
Gt-40
Lambos
Porches
Austin martins
Lots of mustangs and vettes and Miatas and all the usual track suspects
Cobra coupes and convertibles
Etc etc etc.

Best part is they are all pretty decent and low key track guys. I'm running a day with them next week so am under the gun to get the 370 up and running. (Finding a good spot for the accusump is my only stumbling block to getting her done)

Dyno run set for Tuesday.

And yes they all think I'm a poor ricer kid. (I guess if the shoe fits). Honesty I like being the low key guy with the surprisingly fast car... that I can park at the airport without worry when I'm traveling for work lol.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 09-28-2017 at 11:09 PM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote