View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 PM   #227 (permalink)
Ape Factory
Base Member

Drives: Audi RS5/QX70S
Ape Factory will become famous soon enough

Man I've missed out on like a month of posts. Anyway...a few things after catching up. The Aragostas do come with instructions/build sheet but not shock dyno curves. Spooler bought his used.

They ARE rebuildable by AST here in the states. The Type S can also be upgraded to double adjustable with an external reservoir by Aragosta or presumably AST. They've got the goods of all the high end shocks, I'd go that route.

A few pages back, you were suggesting firming up ther dampers and I tried that for a bit but ended up going back down to deal with the gnarly roads. I had found a pretty good balance with the firmer rear settings however. The car was really tossable and I could make corrections whenever. It was just a really predictable set up like that and it seemed the car could do no wrong. Almost zero body roll. It was just tight and stuck like glue. Mid corner bumps didn't seem to upset it that much and no correction needed. But it did take a toll on the really rough stuff. Granted my car is 400 pounds heavier and has a 12" longer wheelbase but still.

I backed off five clicks rear and three front. Much better. Slightly more body roll but nothing like the stock suspension and the car sticks better over rough pavement. I'd try backing off the rear settings and go waaaay down. Like 7 clicks from full soft.

I'm going to compensate by adding more front camber and a little less rear.

There are some back roads in hill country which are extremely smooth for the most part. I'll dial it up a bit for those roads and it's just sublime.

It also seemed to me that the dampers needed quite a few miles before they're fully broken in.

Anyway...what you're asking is almost impossible. Maybe Multimatic spool valve dampers which isn't realistic for the aftermarket just yet. Going up in spring rate is just going to make things worse.