View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cranberry
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Cranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmDZ View Post
Hmmm... stupid question - but the release bearing - is that the pilot bearing, or something else? I replaced the pilot bearing when putting the new clutch in, and the trans was brand new. Unless it's something attached to the engine that I didn't touch then it shouldn't necessarily be this, but thank you for offering up other options/issues to check!
Hey man, I'm going to be honest and state that I do not know exactly where the release bearing is. I have a mechanic that does all my work (follow my youtube channel for the documentary on it)

All I know is after a week of it not engaging right and slipping still, my mechanic resolved the problem be replacing the release bearing in the tranny. I don't know where that is or what it looks like, all I know is that was what was causing the engagement issues and slipping.
2009 370z M/T - straight pipe cut outs / motordyne test pipes & intake manifold / K&N typhoon intake / ACT stage 2 race clutch & flywheel / ZEX wet nitrous / UpRev tune / stillen race oil cooler / 317 WHP N/A - 381 WHP with ZEX www.youtube.com/danialk ///\\\///\\\ Follow me on Instagram @dankobra
Cranberry is offline   Reply With Quote