Thread: D2 Coilovers
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
You crack me up, I guess all spring then are created equal and there no difference between Swifts or any other spring. I will agree that all springs are equal as far the rating of 10k or 8k or whatever, however I must be all wet in thinking that springs would respond differently based on the materials they are made of or the thickness of the spring or how tightly the sping was spun.

Oh and I have a very sensitive butt!
Are you guessing or do you know forsure these factors are different? All of those factors come into play to create the spring rate. So more times than not the dimensions are extremely close for any given diameter and length per rate measured. In the case where materials are different, the force acting upon it should be linear in both rebound and compression, if not, this goes back to what i said about damaged. Noticing a difference between a 10kg x 5 inch eibach or swift would mean one or the other does not truly hold its rate in linear fashion. There have been no recent test that show swift springs falling short of its rates. i doubt the rates and lengths are actually the same if you are saying you've determined a noticeable difference with these absolute back to back test. In any case, why would you even make this change? Unless you actually damaged your springs or dampers.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote