View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turbo oil drain problems w/AAM kit

Hey guys, Im having issues with my drivers side turbo burning oil through the exhaust side, and also pooling oil in the charge pipes. I have the AAM turbo kit.

If I drive the car without hitting boost I have no issues at all, but once I give it some throttle and hit boost, it will start smoking. Then I found a lot of oil in the charge piping. My first thought was the oil wasn't being drained properly. I increased the size of the line from a -8 to a -10 and I'm still having the issue. Im starting to think that Im going to have to get a scavenge pump to resolve my issue.

Do you guys have any input? The PCV setup from AAM is not installed therefor oil isn't coming into the turbo from the valve cover. The only connection to oil is through the turbo itself. There is absolutely no shaft play either. Im having no issues at all with the passenger side. Its dry as a bone. The drivers side line almost levels out where it rests on the front subframe, which to me seems to be an issue, but there is absolutely no way to route the line to where it doesn't do that. Also, I was always under the impression that you want your turbo oil drain above the level of oil in the pan, which I havent seen any twin turbo Z's that do that. I need yalls help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.