View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #2321 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

My goal has been to expand what people think is possible for wheel fitment. If you dig through early pages of some of these wheel threads, you get a laughably limited view of what can fit.

If I had told them that i'm running 20x11, +15 and 20x12, +20, these early Z posters heads would likely explode.

It's 2017 - the tuning world is tremendously diverse now. I hate to see people stuck in the past, applying old principles that they took from their MkII golf or C5 corvette and using it to put a ceiling on what you can do on a Z.

Not every style is for everyone, but i try to take a practical view on things.

Let's be honest: few of us here are race car drivers, none of us should be doing that crap on the street

No one drives on drag radials to go to the supermarket, using that as a guideline for wheel fitment is ridiculous to me.

Clinging to principles that are 100% function is only good for bench racing - if you aren't ON a track, let's not pretend. The folks that DO go to the track hardcore run through multiple sets of tires, rotors, pads anyways.

Why am I running 20x11 +15 front? I'll be perfectly blunt. I wanted face-4, the maximum amount of concavity for the TE37 ultra. 20x10.5, +24 gets you that, but changes the depth of the disc mounting service and i wanted it to be uniform on all 4 corners.

I am much farther down the flush spectrum than most folks, but i'm not comfortable with the VIP/drift style of -7 camber and rim-kissing-fender; i also don't despite the sunken battleship fitment of jhammond. I picked what i like, my balance between the two ends of the spectrum. I'm still fitting more rubber than most people here, and its 30mm more than what nismo comes with on all 4 corners.

So do whatever you want to your car, its yours. Just don't think there's only one way to do it, and don't limit whats possible.

like ive said repeatedly, now that the SPL FUCA is available, there is basically nothing you can't fit in front. The only question is how much time/effort you're willing to put into it.