View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #2315 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
Yea...and you wouldn't scrap the rim on a curb as bad if you had more tire protection

Also i assure you, with enough cornering force and the right bump, you can easily hit the rim under normal driving conditions if you have a tire that is too small and too stretched.

And i'm not talking about your specific setup, but excessively stretched tires in general. If you are using a 275 on a 11" wheel, i agree that's not extreme, but you said minor, and that IS a relatively wide stretch. It may not be full ricer stance boi stretch, but it is a bit excessive.
I don't know if this is dumb question but why would someone want to run a 275 on an 11" wheel? Just because they like the stretched look? If I'm buying wider wheels it's so I can run wider tires. My question would be, what is the widest tire I can run on an 11" wheel, not what's the narrowest tire I can run on an 11" wheel?
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote