View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
socce
Base Member

Drives: 40th
socce is on a distinguished road
Default Real Auto Dynamic - Queens, NY

So, This is my first season with my Z. I just about have all my bolt-ons ready to go and ready for tune. I see Real Auto Dynamic in Queens is highly recommended here so I have been in contact with them recently for pricing. I let them know I am member here and that I was referred to them by a very good customer who they acknowledged and is a also member on this forum.

Please let me know your opinion on the pricing they are giving me. Stated current labor rate is $110.

“Installation of one pair of extended stud wheel spacers: $250-350 because the calipers and rotors needs to be removed and replaced.”

-From what I’ve read, the price for the spacer install seems high.

I actually have just acquired upgraded z1 lightweight rotors, but this is after I got quotes from them. Should be little to no installation fee for this since already going in there for spacers correct ?

"Installation of Swift Springs: $350 *
Installation of SPL Rear Camber kit: $150"

- I know this isn't a quick job but didn’t realize install was going to be $500 to get a drop. 4.5 hour job for them sound right ? With cost of parts and installation nearing $1000 it's looking like the slight drop just isn't worth it for me.

"Installation of g3 CAI - $150"
-No problem.

"Installation of Oil Cooler - about $300
Required oil change using Motul synthetic motor oil and a Nissan oil filter our oil changes - $115."

-Thought since front bumper and CAI going in, that the price wouldn’t be too bad for the Oil Cooler. Also let them know the kit is second-hand and already assembled. I asked them about that and they changed to $200

" z1 clutch & flywheel / csc delete kit / RJM CMC Installation: $750 including clutch flush "

"UpRev pro tune w/ ARC: $700"

-I have since acquired Synolimit's ported kit and will have it put in at the same time the G3 CAI goes in. With being in there already for the CAI, would an hour labor rate be fair for this ?

Anyway guys, this is where I'm at right now. This season has been a real learning experience and I have been spending a lot of time on this forum. Can't think everyone who contributes here enough. If anyone is able to chime in here on this it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - pics of the 40th coming soon

Last edited by socce; 09-26-2017 at 11:13 PM.
socce is offline   Reply With Quote