View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
EazyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 6MT Sport pkg.
EazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO IX View Post
Some of the most discounted prices I've encountered have come from Boch Nissan in Norwood Massachusetts.

The dealership YOU'VE gone to is trying to take advantage of you because you clearly show you know not much about your Z. Throttle Bodies MSRP are $687 and change each. I hardly think the gaskets are hundreds of $. Which leaves over $1000 for 2-3 hours worth of labor?
he was saying $860 times two or so = ~$1700 plus labor

And I agree the CEL doesn't necessarily mean new TBs, it's probably just Nissan's next step in troubleshooting.

Thanks for the recommendation. It would be 90 minutes to get there with traffic.. will have to stay closer I spose. Think Salem, Massachusetts area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Do we really have two throttle bodies in the 370Z

And yeah, I didn't know what a throttle body was before I looked it up. I just like to drive the car, ok? 83,000 miles of joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis370Z View Post
Please, I beg you to run, not walk, from this dealer.

Also, and not to bash, please name the dealer that is trying to "help" you.
It's a dealership on Route 1 in Lynnfield, Massachusetts. Urban-ish area I expect higher rates. Plenty of import shops around me locally, is my car old enough and not unique enough I can go to any one of them instead?

---

Thanks to other replies, too. Convinced me to get my car back from these folks. Sad, they had good coffee donuts and wifi, too

Pearl White 2010 370Z Sport, Stillen CBE, tint, K&N drop-in filters, GT-R start button, Kenwood DNX-6980 with backup cam, LED bulbs, Raceseng shift knob.

Last edited by EazyD; 09-23-2017 at 01:06 AM.
EazyD is offline   Reply With Quote