View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidwiz View Post
I have. They wanted an hr minimum at $110 so I'm starting here. I don't have a warranty because it's a salvage. It has 43k miles. Your experience is a bit disconcerting lol.
Pretty typical. I had a steering rack replacement under warranty that I was trying to schedule at the same time, so I using that as leverage as best I could. Two of the dealers here in town still insisted I had to pay the diagnostic fee, but the third dealer bit and gave me a free estimate on the airbag issues for getting the steering rack work.

Yeah, I was pretty concerned. That's why I called corporate as soon as I found out the repair bill was in the thousands. Considering the safety issue at hand, I believe they acted accordingly by agreeing to cover the repairs without any hassle. Of course, I originally purchased my car new from a Nissan dealer, so I'm not sure if they'll look at yours differently because it's a salvage you bought.

But it might be worth a call to corporate to see if they can't get your local dealer to diagnose it at no cost to you. If you plan to do this, PM DEpointfive0 first and ask him for tips on dealing with corporate - he's helped me on several occasions. If you look hard enough, you might even find his phone number on the forum - he's posted it a lot.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote