View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
EazyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 6MT Sport pkg.
EazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Throttle Bodies - questions... dealership scaring me

(edit: does this belong in Intake/Exhaust insead? pls move)
OK team....I don't know much about throttle bodies. Dealership said that the CEL code they got this time and last time I brought it in points to throttle body.

They said that they both need to be replaced at the same time per Nissan's maintenance instructions.

Some here might suggest I buy aftermarket and do it myself etc, but I'm just not going to do that. I'd like advice on this dealership's recommendation.

Info/Questions:
1. Do we really have two throttle bodies in the 370Z?
2. Do I follow their lead that they need to both be swapped out at the same time?
3. They're quoting me $2186 for parts and labor (2 TB's, a gasket or two, and 2-3 hours labor)

Bottom line:
Does this sound reasonable for someone like me with no other access to tools to go along with? If so, thanks. If not, what are my alternatives?

Background: They 'cleaned' the throttle body last time I believe and reset the light. It came back. It comes back on car startup. Low idle and sometimes stalls on after starting up unless I rev a bit, then it just idles low. Those are the symptoms I experienced.

Pearl White 2010 370Z Sport, Stillen CBE, tint, K&N drop-in filters, GT-R start button, Kenwood DNX-6980 with backup cam, LED bulbs, Raceseng shift knob.

Last edited by EazyD; 09-22-2017 at 04:51 PM.
EazyD is offline   Reply With Quote