View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #990 (permalink)
03threefiftyz
Track Member

Drives: 03 350z 6mt
03threefiftyz is on a distinguished road

Although not my intention to **** on anyone here or otherwise...there is no reason a full prep 370 should not run at the front of ASP (excluding most pros). I personally don't think it should move, since it hasn't been proven, too me, that it is not competitive in ASP. Everyone said the same for the 350z in BSP, but that was shown not to be the case. IMO you can't reclass a car with a performance envelope, on paper, that meets or in some cases exceeds the current competitive balance if the class just because no one has built a rule book car yet.

That last 1-2% prep costs a lot of money, time, prep, etc and yes it will also be the point when the car starts to break, a lot, but someone needs to do it. As an example, we did 83 dyno runs alone just testing intake configurations for my DE BSP car. I would bet it had 250 runs on a dyno to maximize it to the SP ruleset. We probably could have gotten within 15-20whp with 10% of those runs, but not the powerband/max power without it. Same goes for suspension. I can't tell you how many times the shocks (Custom Koni, motons, penske all of them in my case) were off the car for revalve...along with any billion different combos of springs, bars, alignment, etc.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 09-22-2017 at 12:27 PM.
03threefiftyz is offline   Reply With Quote