View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

And now here I am eating my own words...

Just came across an old friend of mine that used to own a car audio shop here in town back in the 90's. He still does a little bit of car audio stuff on the side when time permits, just for fun.

Anyway, I told him what I was doing with my car and that I plan on installing a 15. He offered to build the enclosure for me. All I have to do is pay for the materials and a little for his time. He recommended doing fiberglass. I've seen his work many times in the past as well as hear the systems that he built. He knows his stuff! Several of his systems have competed quite well in IASCA and USACI.

So as of today, the plan is to go with a heavy duty fiberglass enclosure. Since this isn't his main source of income, we have to work around each other's work schedules, meaning it may take a while, but it will be done right.

Once I get the materials (which I can get at or near cost), we'll meet up, he'll mask off and make a mold of the back of the car in a layer of resin and mat, wait for it to cure enough to remove, then I can go back home and leave him with the mold so that he can work on it on his own time.

I'm pretty excited about this!