View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #62 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfever View Post
Totally off topic: what do you guys do to reduce joy ride miles driven by techs / advisors / whoever? It seems like every time I take my Z to the dealer (first 2 free oil changes then twice for this leak) there is between half a mile and 2 miles added to the odometer, presumably hard-driven miles.
I take photos of the odometer and make sure they know I don't want the car driven unless they have explicit permission from me. I bring a sheet of paper with all my instructions and expectations printed out to leave with my service guy. Some people even go so far as to leave a post-it note on the gauges. I've only left the Z at a dealer a handful of times, but I've never picked it up with more than 0.3 miles driven. I'd raise bloody hell for 2 miles.

Of course, that still doesn't stop them from parking my 6MT on a hill and letting out the clutch before applying the parking brake so the weight of the car is sitting on the transmission instead of the rear brakes

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote