View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelruiz064 View Post
Nissan apparently finally fixed the CSC issue in 2018 with the Exide clutch and a softer pressure plate, so if you can find one in stock go for it.
I call

They didn't change the shitty design of the CSC. I don't believe a softer pressure plate is going to change jack. That rubber lining is not going stand up. I'll believe it when I hear the majority of 2018 owners did not have to change their CSC before their clutch.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the CSC delete kit. Every single modern manual car uses a concentric slave cylinder; going to the external slave cylinder seems backwards to me but hey, it works; if you like this design better it's only a matter of taste.
So get the ZSpeed or Tilton heavy duty internal. It's not like a delete kit is the only aftermarket option.

Quote:
So in typical Nissan fashion, they could have redesigned the CSC years ago, or use a pressure plate that put less load on the old design. Granted, to compensate they used a clutch disc that has more grip.
Until more people hold them accountable and stop just shelling out the money when something like CSC failure happens, Nissan will continue to operate like every other car manufacturer where the only thing that matters is profit. It seems the consumers are the ones who have to force a recall in this situation.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote