View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like it's the beginning of the end of my clutch. (76k miles) Tried to do a 0-60 launch with my fat-assed friend in the passenger seat. Around 440# for the two of us. Brought the RPMs up and was attempting to launch hard. Clutch just slipped as we pulled off the line slowly. First thought it was wheel spin on a greasy spot but I knew better when I smelled the clutch at the next light. This sucks, now I have to decide what parts I'm going to get and if I'm going to do it myself. Looking for recommendations here too. Hard driving, good launch-ability, occasional track days, quiet operation and light flywheel. Is that combo even available?