View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
You can slightly feel it through the pedal, but it's mostly audible. Loud radio or mid to high rpm acceleration the exhaust noise covers it up. Doesn't translate through the steering wheel. I don't think it has anything to do with the brakes as it literally popped up after I put the wheels on, brakes were fine no wobble or unbalanced feeling, to it being there the same day. It's not bad, but it's more than enough to annoy me.

I installed the wheels myself originally, used 82 ft lbs, in a star pattern... yesterday discount did their thing balanced the wheels and put them back on, and it's still there. So unfortunately I don't think that's the problem either

Edit: I ordered a set of 73 outer 66.1 inner hubcentric rings just in case. I'm willing to lose $20 just to make sure...
stabbing hard on the brakes @60mph & light grip on the steering wheel,will tell you if rotor's are warped...also don't ever touch them with your fingers while your wheel's are off; it can put oil from your skin on them.

A wheel that has a slight amount of lateral or radial runout will "0" out a balance machine,,,but the tire tech should see this & inform you.

The hub rings will help & use nut's with the correct "bulge/seat" as this is very important.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote