View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
CCPcoatings
Base Member

Drives: tbd
CCPcoatings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWest View Post
I just had a Lambo Aventador come into the shop with a clear bra on it. We did Ceramic Coat over the top of it, however the etching from bugs was already starting to build up. Yes the bra protects the paint, I think we all understand that. I am talking about pricing here. You can Ceramic Coat the front end with 5-6 coats and enjoy the same benefits of the clear bra. Maybe research the pencil strength of Ceramic Coatings.

If you have a rock big enough go through a Ceramic Coated front end, It will go through a clear bra!

And Ceramic Coating Kits are WAY cheaper.... Trying to save you money but you are telling people to ignore me?? LOL
Yes they should ignore you because your "pricing vs protection" argument is ridiculous ..... 9H hardness isn't Kryptonite. So you're suggesting someone spend a few 100.00 on ceramic coating and just disregard the the $1000+ to repaint the panels after they get beat to **** from real world scenarios???? You keep schlepping this nonsense that multiple coats of ceramic coating is going to stop a rock chip which is COMPLETE BS. The functional hardness of applied ceramics is NOT exponential. Its quite possible that the surface tension of multiple coats of ceramic would make it more likely to crack or chip. MORE doesn't necessarily mean better......

The whole reason paint film DOES protect against rock chips and scratches is because its actually soft / flexible. It absorbs the energy so its not transferred to the paint.....If you're driving through a big enough war zone that you beat up the film, you just replace it. No need to repaint your baby.....

As for cost, if you can apply decals, you can apply PPF to some simple panels yourself......

Bottom line, if you're looking for the best protection for your paint, PPF wins hands down. If for some reason you can't afford PPF, ceramic will help, but it's not a replacement..... Its a 20th century wax.......
CCPcoatings is offline   Reply With Quote