View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
The issue I have is that MOST peddlers misinform the consumer. Users of any ceramic coating (out of plastic or glass bottle) are being led to believe that these coatings are......

B. not susceptible to swirl marks or scratches

When I purchased the ceramic coating from Honda, they totally sold it as some miracle cure that would prevent scratches. Of course, I knew better - I was really purchasing a 5 year paint protection package that covers all damage to the paint (yes, rock chips included - who needs a clear bra when I can just have the dealer repaint the panel). The protection package just happened to include this ceramic coating. Scratch free my a$$ - they tried to deliver it to me after initial application with scratches all over the hood and trunk deck lid. I had to reject delivery twice before the paint was acceptable

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote