View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWest View Post
Ron, There are many many different coatings out there. Just because this guy says his coating doesn't protect against swirls doesn't mean SF doesn't. In fact I will be making videos about how Ceramic Coating do protect the paint from scratching and marring....

Also I believe Ceramic Coatings can last much longer then 5 years but in order to avoid dealing with trolls who say BS, 5 years is pretty standard now in the Ceramic Coating industry.

Also the link you provided: This person is using Opti Coat pro products. Any real detailer or chemical enthusiast realizes a REAL Ceramic Coating formula is not capable of being stored in a plastic vial. This is why REAL coatings are stored in Glass Vials. (Many companies dilute their coating so it is sustainable in plastic, again I have proof)

Lets see:
Ceramic Coating Kit $100 (Can be applied in your garage)
Clear Bra: $1,200+ (must have someone install)
The issue I have is that MOST peddlers misinform the consumer. Users of any ceramic coating (out of plastic or glass bottle) are being led to believe that these coatings are......
A. lifetime protection for your paint
B. not susceptible to swirl marks or scratches
C. maintenance free products
all less than truthful statements. Its not a magic liquid. You still need to wash your car in the same manner you do without it...And still have to follow the same maintenance regimen for protecting the surface. As for applying it at home on the cheap, yes, it can be done, but a certain level of paint correction is required prior to use, even on a car right off the showroom floor. A level that not the average consumer possesses.
I cant speak to the statement about others diluting the product, but I guess if I were considering the product, I would look at msds sheets prior to purchase.
As for clear bra, Your $ may be ever so slightly exaggerated, but again, they require a certain skillset to install, even the pre-cut versions, that would sway most to seek a professionals help to install.
Personally, I could not walk past my car without looking at the line across the hood without cringing, but hey, that's just me.
I'm not an advocate for either product, personally. I know people who have both products, and both will say ones better than the other.
Bottom line for me is this. You're getting rock chips. I don't care what you put on your car. Deal with it.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote