View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
aero-head
Base Member

Drives: 2019 SprtTouring 6MT
aero-head is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
There are several high temperature nannies - oil temp and IAT are two off the top of my head. The FSM (link in my sig) will have details. Get an OBD tool that will let you monitor IAT, etc.
Alright, I got a Kiwi 3 and Dash Command for my phone and started doing some data logging. Unfortunately for some reason the only data set that actually saved was from this morning, which is not very relevant since the ambient temp was only about 90 degrees and I wasn't experiencing any issues. But for reference, the IAT ranged from 115 when stopped to 104-108 when driving 45-50 mph. Is there a certain IAT threshold that is known to cause the ECU to start reducing power? I'll see what I get while driving around tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prec View Post
Do you have oil cooler? For the engine oil?
No I don't but like I said, the oil temp usually reads 200-220 when I'm having these performance issues, and it rarely goes above there. From what I've read (and experienced via two test drives of new Zs in the same conditions), it seems like that should be fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Sounds like it is pulling timing because of the heat and when you get up to speed you have more airflow and cooling so it behaves better. I bet your intake temps are pretty high!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Any tips on how to analyze/interpret timing changes? I have the data plotted but don't know what to make of it since I'm 100% new to this, haha.
aero-head is offline   Reply With Quote