View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #85 (permalink)
socce
Base Member

Drives: 40th
socce is on a distinguished road

Even though nothing has failed and I have under 8k miles, I recently picked up a z1 lightwheel flywheel & clutch combo / z1 csc elimination kit from a member on here for a good price. Went ahead and bought a RJM CMC as well to finish the kit.

Experienced boiling clutch fluid a few times this summer. I could have just changed fluid and insulated lines, but with this package coming in at a deal I figured I would need at some point. Fine with me, as I plan to keep the car a long time.

The thing about the kit I picked up is, is that it has a 6 puck clutch, and I am not boosted, So Spencer at z1 said I could probably swap the 6 puck for a standard full face disk or the unsprung full face disk, but may not see the full life out of the disk. He also says I would probably be fine with the 6 puck. I am leaning towards the unsprung disk.

I haven't been able to hear many examples of the chatter I can expect from the light weight fly wheel. I've heard from a member so far It is noisy near idle. I'm hoping it isn't too much! What should I expect from the unsprung disk over the standard ?

Lastly, I am debating whether to go ahead and put all this in fairly soon with the rest of my parts before I tune ( z1 lightweight rotors, g3, synolimits kit, oil cooler ) , OR wait and put some more miles on OEM ? I am thinking with such low miles, if the clutch and other parts are in good shape, I could put them on sale. I would like to get more life out of my oem parts but kinda want to see how the lightweight flywheel and clutch system goes with the rest of the upgrades. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited by socce; 09-13-2017 at 01:26 PM.
socce is offline   Reply With Quote