View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
CCPcoatings
Base Member

Drives: tbd
CCPcoatings is on a distinguished road
Default Paint protection film, PPF vs ceramic paint sealants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWest View Post
Ball out! throw 5/6 coats on the front end and it still half the cost of putting a clear bra on, plus you don't have to worry about yellowing and the pain of removing stuck on cracked clear bra.....hmmmm
I'm baffled that people still debate these two products. Dkmura is absolutely correct. You can put 20 coats of ceramic on your paint and it's still not going to prevent rock chips, scratches, grocery carts, and dip-***** dragging their buts across your paint because they parked too close to you even though you parked in the back of the lot.

I don't know about you but the thought of paint chips and scratches on a new ride make my skin crawl. I get annoyed taking a new car to the dealer because the techs don't care about your ride either. They'll drag themselves all over your fenders and doors and then wipe it down with a shop rag that likely cleaned up metals shavings from the job before yours. As soon as they're finished with that the porter will happily run your car thru their scotch bright car wash or have some one wash it off with a broom and dish-soap. No thanks.

As for paint protection film yellowing or cracking, what decade did you have this happen??? Any of the major brands like Xpel, 3M, Llumar, etc, etc that have an actual UV clear coat on them have 7-10 year warranties for such issues that cover any issues like that. Further, I know the XPEL Ultimate is even self healing. So if the guy at the car wash decides to scrub your paint with a BBQ brush you can fix the scratches and swirls with a heat gun, hot water or just leave it in the son.

If by chance some REAL damage occurs like the Ex decides to key your car, have at it. If she even has the arm strength to hurt the film which is unlikely , WHO CARES? Peel it off and put a new piece on. Again, what is so difficult about removing PPF???? Spend $50.00 and a steamer and it will peel off in your hands in minutes..... If you're ultimately looking at ceramic coating for the ease of cleaning, ceramic coat the PPF. Now you have the best of both worlds.

Bottom line, Not having to worry about anyone chipping or scratching your paint is PRICELESS. Particularly with today's water based paints that chip if you look at them the wrong way.
CCPcoatings is offline   Reply With Quote