View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
analogman
Base Member

Drives: Actively shopping
analogman is on a distinguished road
Default Nismo vs Sport ?

Greetings everyone, I'm a long time hard-core gear head, but new here. Have owned 104 cars over 45 years of driving (so yes, I'm 'older'), including a couple of Z cars way back when (260Z, 280ZX), and 3 Infiniti G coupes.

I'm looking to buy a 370Z (either new or late model used, 2015-2017), and am debating between a Nismo and a Sport. I'd like to pick the brains of all of you with first-hand experience and would appreciate your thoughts.

1) Is the Nismo worth the price premium over a Sport? Whether it's new or used, it seems a Nismo is about $8,000 more than a Sport. I like the Nismo better and can afford it, but don't like to make a habit of spending money unnecessarily. On 'paper', the Sport looks to be about 90% of the Nismo. I've driven both, but would appreciate the thoughts of those that have had more seat time as to whether or not it's worth the price premium.

2) For those with Nismo's, how comfortable are the Recaro seats to live with on longer drives? I've taken a couple of test drives in a Nismo for about 20 minutes. They feel fine to me for that time, but things can be different for a multi-hour drive. The car won't be my daily driver, just a weekend fun toy, but I'd still like to be able to take it on trips.

Thanks everyone!
analogman is offline   Reply With Quote